If you would like to become a better writer – able to create more freely, and work productively without anxiety, The 15-Minute Writer is for you.
While each of the 40 modules contains a piece of instruction or a motivational message, the core of each unit is the timed writing exercise.
Performing this exercise, over and over will help you sharpen your mind, overcome procrastination and even discover the true joy at the heart of the writing experience.
We understand, however, that people want more than a general improvement program.
You probably are asking, “What can The 15-Minute Writer do for me?”
We’ve put together a list of examples to demonstrate how The 15-Minute Writer works in the real world, for specific situations:
- For college students – Whether you’re an incoming freshman, or working on your senior thesis, The 15-Minute Writer helps you to get down to work, in short bursts, so all of those wonderful ideas have somewhere to live besides your head.
- When you work with The 15-Minute Writer program, you are going to find yourself thinking more logically, writing with greater clarity, and as an added bonus, are going to find your way to organizing all of your coursework around the simple principle of 15-minute work, study or writing segments.
- The 15-Minute Writer might even prove to be the key that unlocks the door to graduation!
- To read more about why we refer to The 15-Minute Writer as “The Ultimate College Hack,” click here.
- For executives – Everyone needs to write in the modern business environment. It might just be emails, or meeting agendas, or letters to customers. But the pressure of 24/7 business also means that you are always doing a dozen other things – and that’s on weekends! Training your writing commitments with The 15-Minute Writer program will enable you to complete your responsibilities on time and with the thoughtful creativity they deserve.
- For novelists – If you’ve been thinking about writing a novel – you know, the same one you’ve been thinking about writing for 20 years – you can get the first draft finished and ready for editing in 36 hours. The trick is to shift from thinking about writing to moving your fingers over the keyboard. Taking The 15-Minute Writer program will help you move from the land of your dreams into the reality where you really want to live.
- For autobiographers – You can write your memoirs in 36 hours with the technique you will learn in The 15-Minute Writer. Everyone who wants to write their life story shares the same problem – where to begin? You have so many life lessons, funny anecdotes and stories you want to share that it’s easy to say you’ll get it all down ‘some day.’ The core idea of The 15-Minute Writer helps you start where you are, right now, writing one tale at a time. And at the end of the 40-module program you will have enough material – and experience – with sitting down and doing it that the rest of the process will flow naturally. You might even have fun!
- For bloggers – Whether you are an established or beginning blogger, you can benefit from using The 15-Minute Writer. Established bloggers often find themselves sitting in front of the computer for as much as 16 hours a day frittering away online, while only producing a handful of posts. This leads to physical burnout and stale writing – which can be remedied by adopting The 15-Minute Writer approach. Beginning bloggers will find they never encounter these occupational hazards, because The 15-Minute Writer will help train them in the technique of sitting down and executing one story at a time, in as little in 15 minutes, In this manner a savvy newcomer will be able to design a compelling publication with a coherent message with efficient and focused action.
- For how-to authors – If you have a short book or manual based on your expertise in any field, writing a how-to book is an excellent way to gain recognition, earn money and promote your consulting services. And you can write the first draft of your how-to guide in as little as 8 hours – using The 15-Minute Writer. Because how-to books, especially, are based on distinct ideas, all you have to do is login to the course and begin writing one idea. When the timer finishes its countdown you can progress to the next module and writer another idea. In this manner we believe that after as little as 32 modules you will have the basis for your how-to book manuscript – and you will still have 8 modules left to compose other sections, such as marketing messages or sales letters!
- For self-help authors – Writing a self-help book can be a wonderful journey of inspiration and hope that elevates the lives of thousands of people. Because a self-help book lends itself to short, high-impact messages, it is perfectly suited to being composed on The 15-Minute Writer platform. And because self-help ideas blossom under the light of expression, you will find that writing your ideas down in 15-minute bursts will help you sharpen your message and expand your scope – and with each completed segment, as you see your manuscript taking shape, the process of discovery will help you, in the end, express what you really want to say so that your audience will truly be inspired by the final product! And as with how-to books, we believe that most self-help projects can be written in as little as 8 hours, or 32 modules. Again, as with the how-to project, this leaves you 8 additional modules to craft blog posts, marketing messages or sales letters in support of getting your book out to the people it will serve!
- For copywriters – It’s funny how much time copywriters (those in the business of writing sales and marketing copy) spend not writing. Many spend countless hours on message boards, looking for ‘swipe’ copy, talking about writing and, perhaps more accurately, fantasizing about writing the perfect words that will compel customers to buy their amazing products. What copywriters often don’t spend a lot of time on, is writing the actual words.
- Perhaps it is fitting then that part of the inspiration for The 15-Minute Writer came from one of the most prolific and financially successful copywriters in history. Eugene Schwartz, author of Breakthrough Advertising, spoke about how his timer was the most valuable piece of equipment he ever used. In his example, Mr. Schwartz spoke about setting his timer to 33 minutes and 33 seconds – a period that worked for him. (Why we settled on 15 minutes for this course is a story we tell elsewhere.) Mr. Schwartz has said that using the timer to write gave him the ability to focus on nothing else but the copy and the product before him, and that, over time, his mind responded with the best ideas he could summon for selling consumer goods.
- For today’s copywriters, we suggest you give The 15-Minute Writer program a try – especially if you find yourself thinking too much and writing too little. Using the timed modules in this program will give you an opportunity to craft all the sales letters and marketing hooks you’ve been dreaming of – and give you the raw material with which you can employ to sell whatever goods and services you are in the business of marketing.
If you would like to take The 15-Minute Writer course simply to become a better writer, or to achieve any of the specific goals on this page, click on the button below this text. You will receive immediate access to the 40-day course with timed writing modules, the complete PDF of The 15-Minute Writer, and begin receiving the 40-day email sequence.
The 15-Minute Writer Course Outline
[wpcourse course=”5″ /]